Subject: Re: bug#21530: 25.0.50; tty menus disappearing

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 22:44:28 +0300

> From: Mark Oteiza <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 13:45:39 -0400
> 
> 
> I didn't see mention of this in the other tty menu reports, so hopefully
> not a dupe. From emacs -nw -Q:
> 
> 1. M-x display-time-mode
> 2. F10
> 
> Wait for the modeline to update. The tty menu will disappear or
> otherwise appear broken. It's still there though, running through the
> arrow keys will redraw the tty menu.

On the systems to which I have access (which include GNU/Linux and
MS-Windows), the mode line does not update as long as the menu is
open.  It only gets updated when I exit the menu, e.g., with C-g.
Needless to say, the menu does not disappear nor appears broken.

What terminal emulator do you use?  Do you see some of the problems
described in bug#17497?

> The same goes for buffers being displayed that redraw themselves
> periodically.

Can you show a recipe for this starting from "emacs -Q"?

Thanks.