Subject: bug#21529: 2015-09-20; Xemacs, auctex git, cannot run latex,pdflatex

From: Uwe Brauer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 12:49:34 +0200

Hi 

I finally, thanks to Mose can compile the latest git as a xemacs pkg, I
installed it but when trying to run latex I obtain the following error
message which I attach:

Uwe Brauer 

Running `LaTeX' on `new' with ``latex %(file-line-error)  -src-specials -interaction=nonstopmode "\input" new.tex''
/bin/sh: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

TeX Output exited abnormally with code 2 at Mon Sep 21 12:47:03

Emacs  : XEmacs 21.5  (beta34) "kale" 58e72e27fb81+ [Lucid] (i686-pc-linux, Mule) of Wed Mar 18 2015 on Gilgamesch
Package: 2015-09-20

current state:
==============
(setq
 AUCTeX-date "2015-09-20"
 window-system 'x
 LaTeX-version "2e"
 TeX-style-path '("/usr/local/var/auctex/"
				  "/usr/local/share/xemacs/xemacs-packages/etc/auctex/style"
				  "/home/oub/.emacs.d/auctex/auto" "/home/oub/.emacs.d/auctex/style" "auto"
				  "style" "/home/oub/tex/sty/auto")
 TeX-auto-save t
 TeX-parse-self t
 TeX-master nil
 TeX-command-list '(("TeX" "%(PDF)%(tex) %(extraopts) %`%S%(PDFout)%(mode)%' %t" TeX-run-TeX
					 nil (plain-tex-mode texinfo-mode ams-tex-mode) :help "Run plain TeX")
					("LaTeX" "%`%l%(mode)%' %t" TeX-run-TeX nil (latex-mode doctex-mode)
					 :help "Run LaTeX")
					("Makeinfo" "makeinfo %(extraopts) %t" TeX-run-compile nil (texinfo-mode)
					 :help "Run Makeinfo with Info output")
					("Makeinfo HTML" "makeinfo %(extraopts) --html %t" TeX-run-compile nil
					 (texinfo-mode) :help "Run Makeinfo with HTML output")
					("AmSTeX" "%(PDF)amstex %(extraopts) %`%S%(PDFout)%(mode)%' %t"
					 TeX-run-TeX nil (ams-tex-mode) :help "Run AMSTeX")
					("ConTeXt" "texexec --once --texutil %(extraopts) %(execopts)%t"
					 TeX-run-TeX nil (context-mode) :help "Run ConTeXt once")
					("ConTeXt Full" "texexec %(extraopts) %(execopts)%t" TeX-run-TeX nil
					 (context-mode) :help "Run ConTeXt until completion")
					("BibTeX" "bibtex %s" TeX-run-BibTeX nil t :help "Run BibTeX")
					("Biber" "biber %s" TeX-run-Biber nil t :help "Run Biber")
					("View" "%V" TeX-run-discard-or-function t t :help "Run Viewer")
					("pdfstudio" "/opt/pdfstudio9/pdfstudio9 %G" TeX-run-command t t)
					("evince" "/usr/bin/evince %G" TeX-run-command t t)
					("xpdf" "/usr/bin/xpdf %G" TeX-run-command t t)
					("fullxpdf" "/usr/bin/xpdf -fullscreen %G" TeX-run-command t t)
					("oolatex" "/usr/share/tex4ht/oolatex %t" TeX-run-command t t)
					("panlatex2odt" "pandoc -s -R -f latex --toc %t -t odt -o %O"
					 TeX-run-command t t)
					("panlatex2rtf" "pandoc -s -R -f latex --toc %t -t rtf -o %R"
					 TeX-run-command t t)
					("latex2rtf" "latex2rtf -f0 %t" TeX-run-command nil t)
					("oabiword" "abiword %O" TeX-run-command nil t)
					("rabiword" "abiword %R" TeX-run-command t t)
					("Print" "%p" TeX-run-command t t :help "Print the file")
					("Queue" "%q" TeX-run-background nil t :help "View the printer queue"
					 :visible TeX-queue-command)
					("File" "%(o?)dvips %d -o %f | ps2pdf %f" TeX-run-command t t :help
					 "Generate PostScript file")
					("Index" "makeindex %s" TeX-run-command nil t :help "Create index file")
					("makenomen" "makeindex %s.nlo -s nomencl.ist -o %s.nls" TeX-run-command
					 t t)
					("Xindy" "texindy %s" TeX-run-command nil t :help
					 "Run xindy to create index file")
					("Check" "lacheck %s" TeX-run-compile nil (latex-mode) :help
					 "Check LaTeX file for correctness")
					("ChkTeX" "chktex -v6 %s" TeX-run-compile nil (latex-mode) :help
					 "Check LaTeX file for common mistakes")
					("Spell" "(TeX-ispell-document \"\")" TeX-run-function nil t :help
					 "Spell-check the document")
					("Clean" "TeX-clean" TeX-run-function nil t :help
					 "Delete generated intermediate files")
					("Clean All" "(TeX-clean t)" TeX-run-function nil t :help
					 "Delete generated intermediate and output files")
					("Other" "" TeX-run-command t t :help "Run an arbitrary command"))
 )