Subject: bug#21529: 2015-09-20; Xemacs, auctex git, cannot run latex,pdflatexx

From: Uwe Brauer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 22:15:23 +0200

> 2015-09-21 15:02 GMT+02:00 Uwe Brauer <[email-masked]>:

   > This entry is there by default, you must have set `TeX-expand-list'
   > somewhere.

I think what happens is this: I have TeX-expand-list customized and
emacs copies all its values into, in my case, custom-init.el and saves
the changes I did. So if a new variable is added to that list it seems
that the list in custom-init.el «blocks» the new feature. At least for
Xemacs why this does not happen in GNU I do not know.

This problem also does not occur if you start emacs -q or never touch
the TeX-expand-list. So I will try to rename my custom-init.el and
restart a new xemacs session and then try to merge. However I must say
that this is all a bit uncomfortable, the average user should not be
expected to do such a procedure every time he performs an upgrade of
auctex.

   > file-line-error has been introduced three days after release of AUCTeX
   > 11.88, that's why you don't have problems with that package.  Maybe in
   > GNU Emacs you also customized `LaTeX-command-style' removing
   > "%(file-line-error)".

No its value is %(PDF)%(latex) %(file-line-error) %(extraopts) %S%(PDFout)
   > Bye,
   > Mosè

Uwe