Subject: 24.4; eww POST variable sending error

From: vidyuth <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2015 14:29:06 +0400

I am running a picolisp application server locally. It works fine in
Chromium and w3m (in emacs) browsers respectively.

I type M-x eww
Enter URL or Keywords: localhost:8080

the page loads fine.

in the login section on the page I enter both user name and password

I see an error in the server session which is not normal, I am denied
access.

the server gets the username and password via POST. something is wrong
in eww while sending the POST variables. not sure how to check the post
variables either. 

In GNU Emacs 24.4.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.9)
 of 2015-03-21 on kissel, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11701000
System Description:	Ubuntu 15.04

Configured using:
 `configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
 --libexecdir=/usr/lib --localstatedir=/var/lib
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars
 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat
 -Werror=format-security -Wall' CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: w3m

Minor modes in effect:
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-sound-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-notifications-mode: t
  erc-notify-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-autoaway-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  epa-global-mail-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
t h e SPC f l a w SPC i n SPC e w w <return> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
s t i l l SPC t h i s SPC i s SPC g o o d , SPC o n 
e SPC l e s s SPC w i n d o SPC w SPC <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> w SPC t o SPC k e e p SPC s e i <backspace> 
<backspace> w i t c h i n g <return> <down> <up> <up> 
<down> <down> C-x o <up> <up> C-1 <down> <down> <up> 
C-x C-1 C-g C-x 1 C-x 3 C-x b <return> <help-echo> 
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> C-c C-b C-g C-c C-b e <backspace> C-g / j 
o i n SPC e m a d <backspace> c s <return> f o u n 
d SPC a SPC b u g SPC i n SPC w <backspace> e w w <return> 
y e s SPC t h a t SPC i s SPC w h a t SPC i SPC w a 
s SPC l o o k i n g SPC f o r <return> t h a n k s 
<return> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> M-x r 
e p o r t - e m a c s - b u g <return>

Recent messages:
byte-code: Beginning of buffer [4 times]
Mark set
Quit
w3m-bookmark-add: You must specify title
Quit [2 times]
delete-backward-char: Text is read-only
End of buffer [3 times]
C-x C-1 is undefined
Quit
Package iswitchb is obsolete!
Quit [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
/home/vukini/.emacs.d/elpa/auto-complete-20150618.1949/auto-complete-config hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/auto-complete/auto-complete-config
/home/vukini/.emacs.d/elpa/popup-20150626.711/popup hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/auto-complete/popup
/home/vukini/.emacs.d/elpa/auto-complete-20150618.1949/auto-complete hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/auto-complete/auto-complete
/usr/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp/debian-startup hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/flyspell hides /usr/share/emacs/24.4/lisp/textmodes/flyspell
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/ispell hides /usr/share/emacs/24.4/lisp/textmodes/ispell

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail iswitchb w3m-cookie w3m-form
w3m-filter w3m-bookmark w3m-tabmenu w3m-session ffap w3m timezone
w3m-hist w3m-fb bookmark-w3m w3m-ems w3m-ccl ccl w3m-favicon w3m-image
w3m-proc w3m-rss w3m-util warnings compile autoload tar-mode lisp-mnt
mule-util gnutls mm-archive message rfc822 mml mml-sec mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode url-handlers
finder-inf misearch multi-isearch url-queue url-cache url-http
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums url-gw url-auth
network-stream starttls tls erc-track erc-sound erc-ring
erc-desktop-notifications notifications dbus xml erc-notify erc-networks
erc-netsplit erc-menu erc-match erc-list erc-pcomplete erc-button
erc-fill erc-stamp erc-join erc-autoaway erc-goodies erc erc-backend
erc-compat thingatpt pp sgml-mode vc-git org-element org-rmail org-mhe
org-irc org-info org-gnus org-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode
org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m dired cc-langs cc-mode cc-fonts
cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
picolisp tsm epa-mail epa epg cus-start cus-load vid-funcs
vid-preferences browse-kill-ring info color-theme desktop frameset
vid-web eww mm-url gnus gnus-ems nnheader mail-utils url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util url-parse auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile
cconv eieio-core gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars
mailcap shr browse-url vid-org org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete
pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline org-version
ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-src ob-keys
ob-comint comint ansi-color ring ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
vid-modes paren yasnippet derived cl-macs help-mode cl gv
auto-complete-config auto-complete popup bar-cursor advice help-fns
edmacro kmacro recentf tree-widget wid-edit cl-loaddefs cl-lib easymenu
vid-key-binding vid-bookmarks package epg-config emacs-goodies-el
emacs-goodies-custom emacs-goodies-loaddefs easy-mmode time-date tooltip
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1229083 133663)
 (symbols 48 47401 0)
 (miscs 40 635 1057)
 (strings 32 152021 18014)
 (string-bytes 1 3889422)
 (vectors 16 49773)
 (vector-slots 8 1625384 125225)
 (floats 8 866 984)
 (intervals 56 115869 3239)
 (buffers 960 93)
 (heap 1024 106654 2451))