Subject: bug#21512: filecontents

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 22:30:51 +0200

"Hefferon, James S." <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Jim,

> Thank you both for the work that you do, and for your response to
> this.

Again, you're very much welcome!

> I am using the AUCTeX that comes with Ubuntu's long term release
> 14.04, namely AUCTeX 11.87-1.  So that explains how your update has
> not yet gotten to me.

You'll experience even more joy editing (La)TeX when using a more recent
version.  AFAIK, ubuntu ships emacs 24 so you can install the latest and
greatest auctex release with emacs' package manager simply by typing

  M-x package-list-packages RET

then find the auctex entry, mark it with `i', and then start the install
with `x'.  Updating works similar: `U' marks all upgradeable packages,
then `x' starts the upgrade.

I update this auctex package very frequently.  Basically, if some bug
gets fixed, I make a new release which is good for users.  And its also
good for us to have many users testing the almost-bleeding-edge code
before we initiate "old school" tarball releases.

Bye,
Tassilo