Subject: Re: bug#21512: filecontents

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 15:03:42 +0200

"Hefferon, James S." <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi James,

> Thank you for AUCTeX.  I use it every day.

You're welcome!

> When I am inside a .tex file, in the preamble but after the
> \documentclass, and I do a control-C control-E followed by
> "filecontents" I get a message in the minibuffer to "Put filecontents
> before \documentclass".
>
> That warning is based on incorrect documentation of the filecontents
> command; in fact that command can go anywhere in the preamble.

That must be an old version of AUCTeX.  The current version, 11.88.8,
just warns when you use it after the \begin{document}, i.e., after the
preamble.

Well, and if you use the filecontents package which provides a similar
environment without even the preamble-restriction, AUCTeX won't issue
any warning at all.

So I'm closing this issue.

Bye,
Tassilo