Subject: bug#21510: output

From: igor denisov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2015 15:19:42 +0700

Do not blame me for persistent as there is something else I stuck upon.

(defvar list-of-ppsc-var
  (list 'PPSCmc 'PPSCcw 'PPSCcs 'PPSCtr))
(defvar list-of-ppsc
   (list 1 2 3 4))

(defun apply-list-to-list (list-of-ppsc-var list-of-ppsc)
  (if  (and (not list-of-ppsc-var)
       (not list-of-ppsc))
       nil
       (setq (car list-of-ppsc-var) (car list-of-ppsc)
       (apply-list-to-list (cdr list-of-ppsc-var) (cdr list-of-ppsc)))))
when I issue the following
(apply-list-to-list list-of-ppsc-var list-of-ppsc)

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument symbolp (car
list-of-ppsc-var))
  (setq (car list-of-ppsc-var) (car list-of-ppsc) (apply-list-to-list
(cdr list-of-ppsc-var) (cdr list-of-ppsc)))
  (if (and (not list-of-ppsc-var) (not list-of-ppsc)) nil (setq (car
list-of-ppsc-var) (car list-of-ppsc) (apply-list-to-list (cdr
list-of-ppsc-var) (cdr list-of-ppsc))))
  apply-list-to-list((PPSCmc PPSCcw PPSCcs PPSCtr) (1 2 3 4))
  eval((apply-list-to-list list-of-ppsc-var list-of-ppsc) nil)
  eval-last-sexp-1(nil)
  eval-last-sexp(nil)
  call-interactively(eval-last-sexp nil nil)
  command-execute(eval-last-sexp)

but when I issue
(symbolp (car list-of-ppsc-var))
it is t.

and I do not find any explanation in the manual not even a clue.