Subject: 24.4; Buffer order

From: hoppe <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 22:57:07 -0400

This is prompted by the Stack Overflow question

http://emacs.stackexchange.com/q/16675/9553

Let's say I have a Linux directory that looks like

    -rw-r--r--  1 hooked se     0 Sep 16 16:02 a
    -rw-r--r--  1 hooked se     0 Sep 16 16:02 b
    -rw-r--r--  1 hooked se     0 Sep 16 16:02 c

When I type emacs * it opens all three files but it puts me in the middle
of the buffer chain. For example when I run it, I start off at c and
NextBuffer takes me along the chain

    c -> b -> *Messages* -> *scratch* -> a ->

This is really, really annoying. I'd like to open up emacs and have the
order be any of the permutations

    c -> b -> a -> *Messages* -> *scratch* ->
    b -> a -> c -> *Messages* -> *scratch* ->
    a -> b -> c -> *Messages* -> *scratch* ->

This behavior is the most natural one IMHO (user @Stefan agrees). This is a
feature request to make this the default behavior.