Subject: Re: bug#21505: 24.4; Buffer order

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 09:53:01 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: hoppe <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked]
>> Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 08:49:51 +0200
>> 
>> And to me, the order a, b, c seems to be the only right one.
>
> You do realize that the command line said just "*", and the order of
> the files Emacs saw was determined by the expansion of that wildcard
> by the shell, yes?

Yes, I've seen that and I assumed that the usual shell expansion is
alphabetical.

> Or are you saying that the order of the buffers should always be
> alphabetical?

No, it should always be as given to emacs/emacsclient, i.e., when I
invoke

  $ emacsclient x a b

I want to have the buffer x selected and using `next-buffer' I'd switch
to a and then b, and then to the other buffers which have existed
before.  Right now, x will be selected, but a and b are far away.

Bye,
Tassilo