Subject: bug#21500: 24.5; Graphical glitch with display property lines in GUI Emacs

From: Vasilij Schneidermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2015 14:17:41 +0200

> Is the below better?
> 
> (defface my-line
>   '((((type graphic))
>      :inherit font-lock-comment-face
>      :strike-through t
>      :background "yellow")
>     (((type tty)) :inherit font-lock-comment-face :underline t))
>   "Line face")

Somewhat, but it changes the way the line looks entirely.  I'm pretty
happy having found a hack for displaying a continuous line in Emacs in
both graphical and textual frames.  Going from a line to a stripe with a
background color is a setback.

Anyway, I assume that if the workarounds consist of changing the display
of the line and this display is no bug, the best I could do would be
either living with this peculiarity or turning this issue into a feature
request.  Feel free to close this.