Subject: bug#21498: ps -ef | grep "test" in eshell gives a beep

From: Marcin Borkowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2016 09:27:02 +0100

Hello,

I would be thankful if you could check whether the problem persists in
latest Emacs.  If yes, please lay out the steps to reproduce your
problem.  I tried

  ps -ef | grep "test"

in Eshell and it seemed to work fine on the development version of
Emacs; it is possible that the problem disappeared and the bug can be
closed.

Best regards,
Marcin Borkowski

On 2015-09-16, at 17:42, Sum Proxy <[email-masked]> wrote:

> It also hangs with some of the output.
> Emacs version:
> GNU Emacs 24.4.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0, NS apple-appkit-1265.21) of 2014-10-21 on builder10-9.porkrind.org
> eshell version 2.4.2
>
> Please let me know why this happens and how to fix it. 
> Thanks.