Subject: bug#21478: 2015-09-05; latex, dvi, no viewer found

From: Uwe Brauer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 21:37:45 +0200

Hi

I am running a relative recent git version of auctex. Pdflatex is ok,
but «normal» latex fails in the sense that no viewer is provided
bug trace is attached.

Uwe Brauer 
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "No matching viewer found")
  signal(error ("No matching viewer found"))
  error("No matching viewer found")
  TeX-view-command-raw()
  (lambda nil (TeX-source-correlate-start-server-maybe) (TeX-view-command-raw))()
  apply((lambda nil (TeX-source-correlate-start-server-maybe) (TeX-view-command-raw)) nil)
  TeX-command-expand("%V" TeX-active-master)
  TeX-command("View" TeX-active-master 0)
  TeX-view()
  funcall-interactively(TeX-view)
  call-interactively(TeX-view nil nil)
  command-execute(TeX-view)

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1)
 of 2015-08-28
Package: 2015-09-05

current state:
==============
(setq
 AUCTeX-date "2015-09-05"
 window-system 'x
 LaTeX-version "2e"
 TeX-style-path '("/home/oub/ALLES/var/auctex"
		  "/home/oub/emacs/site-lisp/packages/auctex-git/auctex/style"
		  "/home/oub/.emacs.d/auctex/auto" "/home/oub/tex/sty/auto" "auto"
		  "style")
 TeX-auto-save t
 TeX-parse-self t
 TeX-master t
 TeX-command-list '(("TeX"
		     "%(PDF)%(tex) %(file-line-error) %(extraopts) %`%S%(PDFout)%(mode)%' %t"
		     TeX-run-TeX nil (plain-tex-mode ams-tex-mode texinfo-mode) :help
		     "Run plain TeX")
		    ("LaTeX" "%`%l%(mode)%' %t" TeX-run-TeX nil
		     (latex-mode doctex-mode) :help "Run LaTeX")
		    ("Makeinfo" "makeinfo %(extraopts) %t" TeX-run-compile nil
		     (texinfo-mode) :help "Run Makeinfo with Info output")
		    ("Makeinfo HTML" "makeinfo %(extraopts) --html %t" TeX-run-compile
		     nil (texinfo-mode) :help "Run Makeinfo with HTML output")
		    ("AmSTeX" "amstex %(PDFout) %(extraopts) %`%S%(mode)%' %t"
		     TeX-run-TeX nil (ams-tex-mode) :help "Run AMSTeX")
		    ("ConTeXt" "texexec --once --texutil %(extraopts) %(execopts)%t"
		     TeX-run-TeX nil (context-mode) :help "Run ConTeXt once")
		    ("ConTeXt Full" "texexec %(extraopts) %(execopts)%t" TeX-run-TeX
		     nil (context-mode) :help "Run ConTeXt until completion")
		    ("BibTeX" "bibtex %s" TeX-run-BibTeX nil t :help "Run BibTeX")
		    ("Biber" "biber %s" TeX-run-Biber nil t :help "Run Biber")
		    ("View" "%V" TeX-run-discard-or-function t t :help "Run Viewer")
		    ("Print" "%p" TeX-run-command t t :help "Print the file")
		    ("Queue" "%q" TeX-run-background nil t :help
		     "View the printer queue" :visible TeX-queue-command)
		    ("File" "%(o?)dvips %d -o %f " TeX-run-dvips t t :help
		     "Generate PostScript file")
		    ("Dvips" "%(o?)dvips %d -o %f " TeX-run-dvips nil t :help
		     "Convert DVI file to PostScript")
		    ("Ps2pdf" "ps2pdf %f" TeX-run-ps2pdf nil t :help
		     "Convert PostScript file to PDF")
		    ("Index" "makeindex %s" TeX-run-command nil t :help
		     "Create index file")
		    ("Xindy" "texindy %s" TeX-run-command nil t :help
		     "Run xindy to create index file")
		    ("Check" "lacheck %s" TeX-run-compile nil (latex-mode) :help
		     "Check LaTeX file for correctness")
		    ("ChkTeX" "chktex -v6 %s" TeX-run-compile nil (latex-mode) :help
		     "Check LaTeX file for common mistakes")
		    ("Spell" "(TeX-ispell-document \"\")" TeX-run-function nil t :help
		     "Spell-check the document")
		    ("Clean" "TeX-clean" TeX-run-function nil t :help
		     "Delete generated intermediate files")
		    ("Clean All" "(TeX-clean t)" TeX-run-function nil t :help
		     "Delete generated intermediate and output files")
		    ("Other" "" TeX-run-command t t :help "Run an arbitrary command"))
 )