Subject: Re: bug#21478: 2015-09-05; latex, dvi, no viewer found

From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2024 17:13:33 +0100

Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]> writes:

> Uwe Brauer <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I am running a relative recent git version of auctex. Pdflatex is ok,
>> but «normal» latex fails in the sense that no viewer is provided bug
>> trace is attached.
>
> I don't see why that should be an AUCTeX bug.  Probably the viewer
> configured for DVI (xdvi?) files is simply not installed.
>
> What is the value of `TeX-view-program-selection'?  And what are the
> values of `TeX-view-program-list' and `TeX-view-program-list-builtin'?

(I'm going through old bug reports that unfortunately weren't resolved
at the time.)

More information was requested which was not provided.  Therefore I'm
closing this report.  We can reopen if new input arrives.

Best, Arash