Subject: bug#21474: emacs-25.0.50: compilation error in leim: Args out of

From: Rob Browning <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2016 21:16:46 -0600

Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]> writes:

> Current upstream will be released as 25.2 fairly soon, so there
> shouldn't be too many future cherry-picks anyway. I thought maybe on
> your end it would be easier to have a smaller patch set, or even just
> configure with REL_ALLOC=no.

OK, well I think we may have until around the end of December (with
respect to making the next Debian stable release), so if 25.2 comes out
at least a bit before then, I can try to get it included.

And just to make sure I understand, you're saying that we might be OK in
the short term if I just export REL_ALLOC=no for the build?

If so, and assuming that fixes both of the intermittent failures, that
probably would be preferable for now.  At the moment, we'd just like to
upload a fix to prevent emacs25 from being removed from unstable in a
week or two.

Thanks
-- 
Rob Browning
rlb @defaultvalue.org and @debian.org
GPG as of 2011-07-10 E6A9 DA3C C9FD 1FF8 C676 D2C4 C0F0 39E9 ED1B 597A
GPG as of 2002-11-03 14DD 432F AE39 534D B592 F9A0 25C8 D377 8C7E 73A4