Subject: Re: [PATCH] CC-modes hierarchy

From: Jostein Kjønigsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2015 20:43:14 +0200

> Any objection to the patch below?
> 
> It does the following:
> - Remove c-make-inherited-keymap, since it's not used any more.
> 
> AFAIK this patch has no issues w.r.t compatibility since it relies on
> behavior of define-derived-mode which has existed since "for ever"

csharp-mode[1] is not hosted on ELPA or in Emacs core, so I'm not
going to blame Emacs developers for not checking it, but it may
have issues with this patch.

csharp-mode has gone halfway through a transition to use of
"make-derive-mode", but it's not 100% there.

That means that it currently (still) uses "c-make-inherited-keymap" to
configure itself[2].

If fixing it on my end is easy, I guess that will be easier than
objecting to this patch. I see there's a suggestion posted[3] which I
can try out.

Just thought I'd put it out there that there are indeed more 3rd party
modules depending on the current implementation.

[1] https://github.com/josteink/csharp-mode
[2]
https://github.com/josteink/csharp-mode/blob/master/csharp-mode.el#L1428-L1430
[3] http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=21465#17

--
Jostein Kjønigsen
[email-masked] / [email-masked]