Subject: bug#21458: sql-connect: (setting-constant nil)

From: Manuel Uberti - Boccaperta <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 15:26:19 +0200

I am on GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.16.6) of
2015-09-11.

In 'emacs- Q', I do:

- M-x sql-connect RET
- Type in 'boccaperta' (without quotes, only connection I have saved in
  custom.el), and then hit RET

This is the error I see with toggle-debug-on-error enabled:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (setting-constant nil)
(let ((nil (quote nil))) (sql-product-interactive (quote postgres) (quote nil)))
eval((let ((nil (quote nil))) (sql-product-interactive (quote postgres) (quote
nil))))
sql-connect("boccaperta" nil)
funcall-interactively(sql-connect "boccaperta" nil)
call-interactively(sql-connect nil nil)
command-execute(sql-connect)

This only happens the first time I use sql-connect. If I do it again, I
can connect to my DB.

--
Manuel Uberti
informatica.boccaperta.com