Subject: bug#21457: closed (Re: bug#21457: 25.0.50; vc-test-git03-working-revision test fails)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2015 17:11:02 +0000

Your bug report

#21457: 25.0.50; vc-test-git03-working-revision test fails

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
21457: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=21457
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#21457: 25.0.50; vc-test-git03-working-revision test fails
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2015 20:10:27 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2015 18:54:29 +0200
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Do you know whether "HEAD" is indeed what the latest Git should return
> > in this case, though?
> 
> Unrecognized arguments are printed unchanged.

OK, I fixed my script, and vc-tests.el now passes without any changes.

Sorry for wasting everybody's time.

Subject: 25.0.50; vc-test-git03-working-revision test fails
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 10:51:31 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This started lately, probably within the last couple of weeks.

The error information in the log is:

  Test vc-test-git03-working-revision backtrace:
    vc-git-working-revision("c:/DOCUME~1/Zaretzky/LOCALS~1/Temp/vc-test4
    apply(vc-git-working-revision "c:/DOCUME~1/Zaretzky/LOCALS~1/Temp/vc
    vc-call-backend(Git working-revision "c:/DOCUME~1/Zaretzky/LOCALS~1/
    vc-working-revision("c:/DOCUME~1/Zaretzky/LOCALS~1/Temp/vc-test4572X
    vc-test--working-revision(Git)
    (lambda nil (let ((fn-90 (function ert-test-passed-p)) (args-91 (lis
    ert--run-test-internal([cl-struct-ert--test-execution-info [cl-struc
    ert-run-test([cl-struct-ert-test vc-test-git03-working-revision "Che
    ert-run-or-rerun-test([cl-struct-ert--stats t [[cl-struct-ert-test v
    ert-run-tests(t #[385 "\306^B\307\"\203G^@\211\211G\310U\203^T^@\211@\20
    ert-run-tests-batch(nil)
    ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit()
    command-line-1(("-L" ";." "-l" "ert" "-l" "vc-tests.elc" "-f" "ert-r
    command-line()
    normal-top-level()
  Test vc-test-git03-working-revision condition:
      (args-out-of-range #<killed buffer> 1 41)  <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
     FAILED  14/25  vc-test-git03-working-revision

What does the marked line mean?  What kind of error/problem should I
look for?

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.411 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2015-09-11
Repository revision: 8aa0386420f9d982b99568f27a5953dfc737640e
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/d/usr --enable-checking=yes,glyphs --with-wide-int
 'CFLAGS=-gdwarf-4 -g3 -O0''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1255

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util help-fns help-mode easymenu cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib mail-prsvr
mail-utils time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table
w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote w32notify w32 multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 84952 6041)
 (symbols 56 19937 0)
 (miscs 48 37 86)
 (strings 16 15963 5898)
 (string-bytes 1 392849)
 (vectors 16 11218)
 (vector-slots 8 403214 4311)
 (floats 8 125 31)
 (intervals 40 260 63)
 (buffers 856 11))