Subject: bug#21457: 25.0.50; vc-test-git03-working-revision test fails

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 10:51:31 +0300

This started lately, probably within the last couple of weeks.

The error information in the log is:

  Test vc-test-git03-working-revision backtrace:
    vc-git-working-revision("c:/DOCUME~1/Zaretzky/LOCALS~1/Temp/vc-test4
    apply(vc-git-working-revision "c:/DOCUME~1/Zaretzky/LOCALS~1/Temp/vc
    vc-call-backend(Git working-revision "c:/DOCUME~1/Zaretzky/LOCALS~1/
    vc-working-revision("c:/DOCUME~1/Zaretzky/LOCALS~1/Temp/vc-test4572X
    vc-test--working-revision(Git)
    (lambda nil (let ((fn-90 (function ert-test-passed-p)) (args-91 (lis
    ert--run-test-internal([cl-struct-ert--test-execution-info [cl-struc
    ert-run-test([cl-struct-ert-test vc-test-git03-working-revision "Che
    ert-run-or-rerun-test([cl-struct-ert--stats t [[cl-struct-ert-test v
    ert-run-tests(t #[385 "\306^B\307\"\203G^@\211\211G\310U\203^T^@\211@\20
    ert-run-tests-batch(nil)
    ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit()
    command-line-1(("-L" ";." "-l" "ert" "-l" "vc-tests.elc" "-f" "ert-r
    command-line()
    normal-top-level()
  Test vc-test-git03-working-revision condition:
      (args-out-of-range #<killed buffer> 1 41)  <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
     FAILED  14/25  vc-test-git03-working-revision

What does the marked line mean?  What kind of error/problem should I
look for?

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.411 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2015-09-11
Repository revision: 8aa0386420f9d982b99568f27a5953dfc737640e
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/d/usr --enable-checking=yes,glyphs --with-wide-int
 'CFLAGS=-gdwarf-4 -g3 -O0''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1255

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util help-fns help-mode easymenu cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib mail-prsvr
mail-utils time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table
w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote w32notify w32 multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 84952 6041)
 (symbols 56 19937 0)
 (miscs 48 37 86)
 (strings 16 15963 5898)
 (string-bytes 1 392849)
 (vectors 16 11218)
 (vector-slots 8 403214 4311)
 (floats 8 125 31)
 (intervals 40 260 63)
 (buffers 856 11))