Subject: Re: bug#21456: 24.5; Emacs does not respect fcitx as GTK input method

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2020 14:11:07 +0100

Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Start fcitx, configure it to toggle between English and Chinese, note
> the "trigger key" (I've set mine to F7). Start Emacs, hit the trigger
> key, and Emacs tells me "<f7> is undefined". In all other applications,
> F7 toggles the input method.

I've never used any of that stuff, so bear with me:

I say

$ fcitx
[...]
(INFO-1295180 addon.c:151) Load Addon Config File:fcitx-x11.conf
(INFO-1295180 addon.c:151) Load Addon Config File:fcitx-vk.conf
(INFO-1295180 addon.c:151) Load Addon Config File:fcitx-classic-ui.conf
(INFO-1295180 addon.c:151) Load Addon Config File:fcitx-xkb.conf
(INFO-1295180 addon.c:151) Load Addon Config File:fcitx-keyboard.conf
(INFO-1295180 addon.c:151) Load Addon Config File:fcitx-notificationitem.conf
(ERROR-1295180 ime.c:432) fcitx-keyboard-in-tel-kagapa already exists
(ERROR-1295180 ime.c:432) fcitx-keyboard-cm-mmuock already exists
$

Now what?  I don't see any way to configure anything, and "man fcitx" is
singularly unhelpful.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no