Subject: bug#21453: 25.0.50; When font size is temporarily increased Emacs is slow

From: Mark Karpov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 15:56:46 +0600

When I press ‘C-x C-=’ to temporarily increase font size Emacs is
getting considerably slower. For example, if I hold ‘C-n’ to move
several lines down the movement is not smooth. I don't think that
increasing of font size should normally result in such “effects”.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.19 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.16.6)
 of 2015-08-31 on arch
Repository revision: 62661fe759dfc826f31b032e49f0f15b40a207d5
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11702000
Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: M

Minor modes in effect:
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  whitespace-mode: t
  flyspell-mode: t
  text-scale-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  vimish-fold-global-mode: t
  vimish-fold-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  minibuffer-electric-default-mode: t
  ido-vertical-mode: t
  ido-ubiquitous-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  highlight-line-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-aggressive-indent-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  ace-popup-menu-mode: t
  smartparens-global-mode: t
  smartparens-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  auto-fill-function: do-auto-fill
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-fill-mode: 1

Recent messages:
Undo!
Mark set
Replaced 13 occurrences
<menu> / is undefined
Undo!
Mark set (rectangle mode)
Undo!
Mark set (rectangle mode) [3 times]
Saving file /home/mark/projects/programs/modalka/README.md...
Wrote /home/mark/projects/programs/modalka/README.md

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow mail-extr emacsbug sendmail zygospore smartparens-html sgml-mode
markdown-toc smex esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc
esh-arg esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-util dired-x
cider-debug cider-mode cider-resolve warnings cider-browse-ns
cider-inspector cider-repl cider-eldoc apropos cider-interaction spinner
arc-mode archive-mode cider-overlays cider-doc org-table cider-test
cider-stacktrace cider-client cider-util clojure-mode imenu nrepl-client
queue ewoc etags xref project names edebug autoload tar-mode cus-edit
cus-start cus-load mm-archive url-handlers markdown-mode bookmark pp
gnus-async qp gnus-ml disp-table calc-alg calc-ext calc-menu calc
calc-loaddefs calc-macs browse-url ace-window lisp-mnt url-http url-gw
url-cache url-auth url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-parse url-vars linum
magit-blame magit-stash magit-bisect magit-remote magit-commit
magit-sequence magit magit-apply magit-wip magit-log magit-diff
smerge-mode magit-core magit-process magit-popup magit-mode magit-git
crm magit-section magit-utils git-commit log-edit pcvs-util add-log
with-editor async-bytecomp async tramp-sh tramp tramp-compat
tramp-loaddefs trampver shell multiple-cursors
mc-hide-unmatched-lines-mode mc-separate-operations
rectangular-region-mode mc-mark-pop mc-mark-more mc-cycle-cursors
mc-edit-lines multiple-cursors-core rect org org-macro org-footnote
org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp
org-src ob-keys ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs compile comint ansi-color
sort misearch multi-isearch vc vc-dispatcher vc-git diff-mode hl-line
nndraft nnmh nnfolder utf-7 epa-file epa derived epg gnutls
network-stream nsm auth-source eieio eieio-core starttls gnus-agent
gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu
mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime password-cache dig mailcap nntp
gnus-cache gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap
nnmail mail-source tls utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range message dired format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader
gnus-util mail-utils mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr wid-edit
rainbow-delimiters hl-todo whitespace flyspell ispell
flycheck-color-mode-line face-remap flycheck-haskell haskell-cabal
haskell-utils haskell-customize flycheck find-func rx mk-visual
smart-mode-line rich-minority solarized-dark-theme solarized mk-texinfo
mk-tex mk-python mk-prolog mk-org mk-markdown mk-man mk-magit mk-lisp
mk-ibuffer mk-haskell mk-gnus mk-eshell mk-erc mk-elisp mk-dired mk-diff
mk-clojure kill-or-bury-alive mk-calendar mk-c mk-bookmark
mk-minor-modes common-lisp-snippets yasnippet cl whole-line-or-region
vimish-fold paren minibuf-eldef ido-vertical-mode ido-ubiquitous
ido-completing-read+ cl-macs gv ido highlight-line autorevert filenotify
cl-seq aggressive-indent easy-mmode time delsel ace-popup-menu
smartparens-config smartparens byte-opt thingatpt control-mode mk-global
edmacro kmacro ace-link avy ring misc server mk-utils subr-x f dash s
ucs-normalize finder-inf tex-site fix-word advice slime-autoloads info
bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra help-mode seq cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib
cconv package easymenu epg-config time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1301109 278239)
 (symbols 48 59662 0)
 (miscs 40 239 1733)
 (strings 32 181294 49935)
 (string-bytes 1 6370748)
 (vectors 16 89977)
 (vector-slots 8 2094007 64278)
 (floats 8 748 2372)
 (intervals 56 87834 1327)
 (buffers 976 36)
 (heap 1024 114703 68010))