Subject: Re: bug#21435: 25.0.50; file-notify has problems after renames

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 14:17:03 +0200

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thanks. Another point is whether we always can expect that all native
> libraries will report exactly the same number of events, and then
> whether they report them exactly in the same order (you expect
> '(created changed deleted) here). Let's see how the test cases evolve,
> maybe we need more tolerant tests.

Yes, I'm quite strict right now and IMHO in the current tests, that's
the only sensible order of events.  But of course if it turns out that
with some notification backend we can't achieve that guarantee, it'll be
no problem to relax the assertions a bit.

>> Hm, then I wonder what causes these extreme delays here.  The remote
>> autorevert test really takes at least 20 seconds here.  But I have no
>> issues using TRAMP with its ssh method for accessing really remote
>> files...
>
> Now I see it also, but only when running in interactive mode. In batch
> mode, there is no serious delay. Will contact the Tramp maintainer, again.

Yes, you are right.  I always executed the test interactively and now
tried running them from the command line.  Indeed, that's way faster.

Bye,
Tassilo