Subject: Re: bug#21434: BUG Report: "mark-sexp" function disable.

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2015 09:49:36 +0200

赵瑞昌 <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi!

> When enter a `*.tex' file and initiate auctex(11.86), the function
> `mark-sexp'(and also `forward/backward-sexp) is disabled.  The
> correspond key-bindings (C-M-@ or ESC <C-left/right>) also get no
> responses (which are well previously).

What do you mean with the functions are being disabled, and the key
bindings don't get responses?

For me, all these functions work and are bound to their usual keys in a
buffer of a tex file.

> Emacs  : GNU Emacs 23.3.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.10)
>  of 2013-05-17 on komainu, modified by Debian
> Package: 11.86

11.86 is more than five years old, and your Emacs version is quite
dated, too.  Could you please try again with at least a recent AUCTeX
version, e.g., 11.88?

Bye,
Tassilo