Subject: Re: bug#21432: 25.0.50; file-notify-rm-watch (inotify) errors if watched dir is deleted

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 16:45:56 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> I think the problem is due to the fact that the directory is deleted
> inside the file-notify--test-with-events form: doing that invalidates
> the watch, so the events are not reported.  If I remove this line from
> the macro body:
>
> So I modified the test to have the directory deletion outside of the
> macro, and the test now passes.  I also increased the timeout of
> read-event, because 0.1 was borderline: it sometimes worked and
> sometimes didn't.

I've checked further. In `file-notify-test04-file-validity', you have
also removed the final check for `file-notify-valid-p':

         ;; After deleting the parent, the descriptor must not be valid
         ;; anymore.
-        (should-not (file-notify-valid-p file-notify--test-desc)))
+        (delete-directory temporary-file-directory t)
+        (read-event nil nil 0.5))

Was this by intention? The whole test case is about this check. And
maybe this is also the reason that it passes now the remote test case,
surprisingly.

Best regards, Michael.