Subject: bug#21431: 24.5; Double outputs, weird elements while using python shell

From: Johnny Zhao <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2015 23:42:02 -0400

Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

--text follows this line--
This bug report will be sent to the Bug-GNU-Emacs mailing list and the GNU
bug tracker at debbugs.gnu.org. Please check that From: line contains a
valid email address. After a delay of up to one day, you should receive an
acknowledgment at that address.

Please write in English if possible, as the Emacs maintainers usually do
not have translators for other languages.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug, and the precise
symptoms of the bug. If you can, give a recipe starting from 'emacs -Q':

*Description:* I first started creating a python file, L2_1.py. And I wrote
two lines of code in that file:

num = raw_input("Enter a num? ")
print num

Then, I pressed C-c C-c to send the code to python shell. And pressed
C-c C-z to activate the interactive python shell itself. Then there is
an error appeared after >>>.

*Error: *>>>import codecs, os;__pyfile =
codecs.open('''/var/folders/pp/f3d79ck56qg0vr86723zymtw0000gn/Tpy10804Poh''',
encoding = '''utf-8''');__code =
__pyfile.read().encode('''utf-8''');__pyfile.close();os.remove('''/var/folders/pp/f3d79ck56qg0vr86723zymtw0000gn/T/py10804Poh''');exec(compile(__code,
'''/Users/dongzhao/Documents/pyEnv/6.00.1x/L2_1.py''', 'exec'));
Enter a num? 2
2
2

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0, NS apple-appkit-1265.21)
 of 2015-04-10 on builder10-9.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1348
Configured using:
 `configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/site-lisp''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  show-paren-mode: t
  pyvenv-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
[yas] Prepared just-in-time loading for
/Users/dongzhao/.emacs.d/elpa/elpy-1.9.0/snippets/
[yas] Prepared just-in-time loading for
/Users/dongzhao/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-0.8.0/snippets
[yas] Check your `yas-snippet-dirs': ~/.emacs.d/snippets is not a directory
[yas] Reloaded everything (snippets will load just-in-time)... (some
errors, check *Messages*).
Loading
/Users/dongzhao/.emacs.d/el-get/color-theme/themes/color-theme-example.el
(source)...done
Loading
/Users/dongzhao/.emacs.d/el-get/color-theme/themes/color-theme-library.el
(source)...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils afternoon-theme autopair byte-opt paren
switch-window quail ido-hacks buffer-move windmove cl-macs color-theme
.loaddefs el-get el-get-autoloading el-get-list-packages
el-get-dependencies el-get-build el-get-status pp el-get-methods
el-get-fossil el-get-svn el-get-pacman el-get-github-zip
el-get-github-tar el-get-http-zip el-get-http-tar el-get-hg el-get-go
el-get-git-svn el-get-fink el-get-emacswiki el-get-http el-get-notify
el-get-emacsmirror el-get-github el-get-git el-get-elpa el-get-darcs
el-get-cvs el-get-bzr el-get-brew el-get-builtin el-get-apt-get
el-get-recipes el-get-byte-compile el-get-custom el-get-core autoload
lisp-mnt bytecomp byte-compile cconv dired cl-extra yasnippet advice
help-mode cl gv highlight-indentation flymake eldoc company edmacro
kmacro help-fns elpy pyvenv elpy-refactor python json ido grep compile
comint ansi-color files-x etags ring cus-edit easymenu cus-start
cus-load wid-edit cl-loaddefs cl-lib package epg-config time-date
tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp
files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
cocoa ns multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 258336 8445)
 (symbols 48 27014 0)
 (miscs 40 40 203)
 (strings 32 46630 6814)
 (string-bytes 1 1106561)
 (vectors 16 18181)
 (vector-slots 8 458453 6340)
 (floats 8 201 204)
 (intervals 56 218 0)
 (buffers 960 11))