Subject: Re: bug#21428: 24.5; Crash of emacs on OS X, installed via homebrew cask

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2015 18:14:18 +0300

> From: Rainer M Krug <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2015 12:08:29 +0200
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> 
> Emacs crashes completely. Unfortunately I can not give a reproducible
> recipe, but it happened for some time when moving the cursor an overlay and it
> improved upon disabling this in the .emacs file. But it did not solved
> it and the crash occured this time without that overlay enabled.
> 
> 
> Below if the output from `bt ful' and the backtrace from OS X.

Looks like some kind of infinite recursion.  If you can try a snapshot
of the development sources, we could perhaps find out whether this
problem, whatever it is, was already fixed since 24.5 was released.

I'll try to look into the related code and see if I can guess why this
happen.

Can you show an example of the buffer displayed when this happens?
Preferably some Lisp to recreate such a buffer.  It would help to have
such an example handy.

Thanks.