Subject: Re: bug#21428: 24.5; Crash of emacs on OS X, installed via homebrew cask

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 21:12:48 +0300

> From: Rainer M Krug <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 10:35:11 +0200
> 
> OK - I am back. I upgraded my system to OSX El Capitan and I still had
> the crashes.
> 
> I attach the log (unfortunately the logging was not working as I deleted
> the log inbetween, but I attach the shell output which should be the
> same).
> 
> I leave the session open and enable logging again.
> 
> Let me know if you need further info.

I see the problem, but I don't yet understand how it happens.

What is the value of windows_or_buffers_changed?  IOW, what does this
print:

 (gdb) p windows_or_buffers_changed

Also, can you try adding this line:

  f->fonts_changed = true;

after this line in frame.c:x_set_font (should be around line 3650 in
frame.c):

  /* Attempt to hunt down bug#16028.  */
  SET_FRAME_GARBAGED (f);  <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Please add that here, and see if the crashes go away.

Thanks.