Subject: Re: bug#21422: 25.0.50; apropos-library on libraries using cl-def{generic,method} fails

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2016 20:27:57 -0500

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> cl-generic is used pretty widely, and apropos-library fails on libraries
>> using it. Could this be marked to be fixed before release?
>
> IMO, we should only do that if it's practical, i.e. if there's someone
> who would work on fixing that.

I don't think that's the right approach.

One purpose of marking things as release blockers is to encourage
people to work on them. The list is not set in stone. I expect that
close to the release, some will remain unfixed and will be
intentionally ignored/unblocked. The decision about what to mark as a
blocker shouldn't be based on manpower (at this stage), it should be
based on what the ideal 25.1 should look like.

> I'd also suggest to have bug#22294 be the release blocker, [...]

You don't need to suggest it, please just do it.
It would be great if the list of blocking bugs became something other
than just my own opinion.