Subject: Subject: 25.0.50; Paragraph movement in Eshell

From: Simen Heggestøyl <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2015 21:42:01 +0200

Moving by paragraph in Eshell doesn't work when there's command output
containing newlines. Consider the following case:

~ $ foo
bar

baz
~ $

The user has entered the command "foo", which has put out
"bar\n\nbaz\n". Point is after the second "$".

Now the user hits `C-c C-p' which runs `eshell-previous-prompt', and
point ends up at the blank line between "bar" and "baz", instead of
going back to the previous prompt.

It seems that setting `paragraph-separate' to something else than the
default "[ ]*$" solves the problem, though I'm uncertain what it
should be set to.

-- Simen

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.16.6)
 of 2015-09-04
Repository revision: 09c15856a926eb80106a5c42571660601c2167d6
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 
11.0.11702000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux testing (stretch)

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT
ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: EShell