Subject: bug#21417: closed (Re: bug#21417: Subject: 25.0.50; Paragraph movement in Eshell)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2019 12:46:02 +0000

Your bug report

#21417: Subject: 25.0.50; Paragraph movement in Eshell

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
21417: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=21417
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#21417: Subject: 25.0.50; Paragraph movement in Eshell
From: [email-masked]
To: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2019 13:45:23 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

> I'm unable to reproduce this on current master.

Bisecting showed that it was fixed by Noam Postavsky in
7a0ca227af1081ca7ada2e82a87b1a575ef04759 in response to
https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=27405. Nice.

I'm closing this. Thanks for checking up on it.

-- Simen

Subject: Subject: 25.0.50; Paragraph movement in Eshell
From: Simen Heggestøyl <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2015 21:42:01 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Moving by paragraph in Eshell doesn't work when there's command output
containing newlines. Consider the following case:

~ $ foo
bar

baz
~ $

The user has entered the command "foo", which has put out
"bar\n\nbaz\n". Point is after the second "$".

Now the user hits `C-c C-p' which runs `eshell-previous-prompt', and
point ends up at the blank line between "bar" and "baz", instead of
going back to the previous prompt.

It seems that setting `paragraph-separate' to something else than the
default "[ ]*$" solves the problem, though I'm uncertain what it
should be set to.

-- Simen

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.16.6)
 of 2015-09-04
Repository revision: 09c15856a926eb80106a5c42571660601c2167d6
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 
11.0.11702000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux testing (stretch)

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT
ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: EShell