Subject: bug#21415: 25.0.50; Emacs Trunk -- pixelwise width/height for x-create-frame

From: Anders Lindgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 10:11:03 +0100

Thanks for testing this.

Yesterday I pushed this fix (or rather a variant of it) to the "emacs-25"
branch.

When it comes to feature request #18283 -- this sounds like good idea. But
before I add the applescript lines, I would like to read up on the issue a
bit.

I have found the bug database really hard to navigate -- do you know of any
other OS X-related bugs that are still open, I might as well look into
those while I'm at it.

    -- Anders

On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 4:06 AM, Keith David Bershatsky <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Using a download of Emacs master branch from this morning (11/15/2015) --
> emacs-repository-version "70f1fda4ae6abb5e11dcf281738c25f6f5b06061", and
> applying toolbar-maximized.diff, and building on OSX Server 10.6.8, I
> repeated the previous tests.
>
> This time around everything worked as expected.
>
> (1) the default frame with Emacs -Q shrunk a bit and then returned to the
> previous size when toggling the tool-bar with the mouse.  The beginning
> bounds were (0, 22, 595, 640), which was reduced to (0, 22, 595, 608),
> which then increased again to (0, 22, 595, 640).
>
> (2) the full-size frame when issuing the command toggle-frame-maximized
> had a bounds of (0, 22, 1920, 1080).  When toggling the tool-bar the mouse,
> the bounds reduced to (0, 22, 1920, 1048).  When toggling the tool-bar
> again with the mouse, the bounds returned to (0, 22, 1920, 1080).
>
> I tested the bounds with the applescript described in feature request
> #18283.
>
> Keith
>