Subject: bug#21415: 25.0.50; Emacs Trunk -- pixelwise width/height for x-create-frame

From: Keith David Bershatsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2015 22:29:31 -0800

Using the latest download of Emacs master branch (tonight November 2, 2015 at about 10:15 p.m. PST) and fringe2.diff, I was not able to complete the building process.  I only tried one time, but think the same result would probably happen if I tried again.

font.c: In function 'font_fill_lglyph_metrics':
font.c:4356: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of data type
font.c:4356: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of data type
font.c:4356: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of data type
font.c:4356: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of data type
font.c: In function 'Ffont_variation_glyphs':
font.c:4473: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of data type
font.c:4473: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of data type
font.c:4473: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of data type
font.c:4473: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of data type
font.c: In function 'Finternal_char_font':
font.c:4576: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of data type
font.c:4576: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of data type
font.c:4576: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of data type
font.c:4576: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of data type
font.c: In function 'Ffont_get_glyphs':
font.c:4909: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of data type
font.c:4909: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of data type
font.c:4909: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of data type
font.c:4909: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of data type
  CC       print.o
  CC       lread.o
  CC       syntax.o
  CC       unexmacosx.o
  CC       bytecode.o
  CC       process.o
process.c: In function 'record_deleted_pid':
process.c:818: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of data type
process.c:818: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of data type
process.c: In function 'Fprocess_id':
process.c:938: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of data type
process.c:938: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of data type
  CC       gnutls.o
  CC       callproc.o
  CC       region-cache.o
  CC       sound.o
  CC       atimer.o
  CC       doprnt.o
  CC       intervals.o
  CC       textprop.o
  CC       composite.o
composite.c: In function 'fill_gstring_body':
composite.c:843: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of data type
composite.c:843: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of data type
composite.c:843: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of data type
composite.c:843: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of data type
composite.c:843: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of data type
composite.c:843: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of data type
  CC       xml.o
  CC       profiler.o
  CC       decompress.o
  CC       fontset.o
  CC       fringe.o
  CC       image.o
  CC       nsterm.o
nsterm.m: In function 'ns_draw_fringe_bitmap':
nsterm.m:2507: error: 'len' undeclared (first use in this function)
nsterm.m:2507: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
nsterm.m:2507: error: for each function it appears in.)
make[1]: *** [nsterm.o] Error 1
make: *** [src] Error 2
~/Desktop/emacs $