Subject: Re: bug#21415: 25.0.50; Emacs Trunk -- pixelwise width/height for x-create-frame

From: Anders Lindgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2015 11:18:49 +0100

Hi!

> Do you advice users of your package to resize pixel-perfectly?

The package does it for them. One purpose of the package is to create a
frame layout with a number of side-by-side windows. The user specifies the
width of the windows in characters, e.g. 80, and the package then finds out
how many windows will fit, resizes and positions the frame accordingly, and
creates the windows.

I use this in my startup code, so whenever I open Emacs, it starts with six
side-by-side windows that cover the screen form top to bottom.

In fact, one thing on my TODO list is to reimplement the positioning part
of the package using your new border information function. Right now, the
package hardcodes a lot of information about the properties of things like
the window title and border dimensions, in different window systems. If I
can eliminate all the hardcoded values, it would be a receipt that the
functions provide the right kind of information.

> > When it comes to the bug tracker -- can I filter the bug reports so
that I
> > can only see the ones related to the NextStep port?
>
> There was a way to tag bugs wrt the OS.  But I don't see it any more.
> And it's not mentioned in ../admin/notes/bugtracker.

Too bad, it makes it kind of hard to maintain a port if there is no
efficient way to see relevant bug reports.

    -- Anders