Subject: Re: bug#21415: 25.0.50; Emacs Trunk -- pixelwise width/height for x-create-frame

From: Anders Lindgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 04:07:08 +0200

Hi,

I applied the patch named `maximize_and_trace.diff` and built Emacs
> --with-ns.  I was surprised to see that `toggle-frame-maximized` actually
> worked, which is something I had never seen before on OSX.
>
> My standard stuff that I normally use appears to be working okay -- e.g.,
> `default-frame-alist` with pixel specifications for height/width and
> courier font are working correctly.
>

Great to hear!

> I'm not a programmer, but I'd be happy to run some layman's tests (if you
> need) on the build with OSX 10.6.8.
>

Please do! I'm on 10.9, so it won't hurt to run things on another version
of the OS.

If you don't find anything, I'll post this patch to emacs-devel, and if no
one objects, I will commit it.

    -- Anders