Subject: bug#21415: 25.0.50; Emacs Trunk -- pixelwise width/height for x-create-frame

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2015 10:32:37 +0200

> As far as I can tell, fullscreen mode work very well.

Fine.

 >>   In that case there's still the
 >> question whether ‘toggle-frame-maximized’ should hide the menu bar.
 >>
 >
 > I would say no.
 >
 > Currently, the user can hide the menu bar by setting
 > `ns-auto-hide-menu-bar' to t. If this is set, `toggle-frame-maximized' (and
 > zooming using the user interface) use the entire screen.

Ah... Then everything looks alright in this regard.

 > All in all, the Emacs system works well. The only problem is that a
 > maximized window doesn't cover the entire screen. I have been thinking
 > about two alternatives:
 >
 > * Replace the zoom code with a custom one that simply sets the correct
 > size. (Hopefully, it's possible to get this to work with the zoom button as
 > well.)
 > * Call the standard zoom function to get the zoom animation, then do an
 > extra resize after it's done.

This last one sounds a bit clumsy.

 > Also, one could imagine a new variable `ns-use-native-zoom' if the user
 > would like the normal zoom.

We could try that.  After all it looks like a complement to
‘ns-auto-hide-menu-bar’.

martin