Subject: bug#21415: 25.0.50; Emacs Trunk -- pixelwise width/height for x-create-frame

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2015 21:26:59 +0200

> With respect to your inquiry about `frame-geometry' on OSX, I tested
 > the outer frame dimensions with an applescript using the feature
 > request of bug number 18283

You really should send a patch for that bug.  If noone objects I'll
apply it in a few days.  Few people here build on OS X and still fewer
write Applescripts.

 > -- the results of getting the bounds with
 > an applescript were the same as those returned by `frame-geometry' for
 > the outer frame pixel width/height.  So that aspect of
 > `frame-geometry' is correct on OSX 10.6.8 Snow Leopard Server.  I did
 > not test the other aspects of `frame-geometry'.

You will need them to be able to translate from the outer frame pixel
width/height to the native width/height.  It's the latter you specify in
the width/height parameters.  So you have to subtract the width of the
external border and the title bar from the outer width/height to get the
desired native width/height.

martin