Subject: bug#21415: 25.0.50; Emacs Trunk -- pixelwise width/height for x-create-frame

From: Anders Lindgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 20:56:42 +0200

>
> Can you confirm that ‘toggle-frame-maximized’ doesn't really maximize
> the frame?

 Yes, I can confirm this -- sort of.

In OS X Yosemite, the "maximize" button (the green round button on the top
left of the screen) starts fullscreen mode.

`toggle-frame-maximized', on the other hand, tries to resize the frame so
that it covers an entire monitor, but without entering full-screen mode
(which is the way it should work). Unfortunately, there is a bit of empty
space above and below the Emacs frame. It looks like this is due to the
fact that there isn't enough space to create another full line of text.
When setting `frame-resize-pixelwise' to t, unfortunately, it still doesn't
cover the entire display, and the behaviour is a bit more random, with the
frame repositioning itself slightly differently when
`toggle-frame-maximized' is called multiple times.

I didn't manage to make it fill both my monitors, only one. (How does the
command work on other systems?)

The documentation refers to an undefined
variable, x-frame-normalize-before-maximize.

/ Anders