Subject: Re: bug#21415: 25.0.50; Emacs Trunk -- pixelwise width/height for x-create-frame

From: Anders Lindgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2015 20:29:54 +0200

On Sun, Sep 20, 2015 at 11:54 AM, martin rudalics <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hopefully we can count on you when we see similar problems.  After Jan's

resignation we need all the help we can get.

If I can help, I will try to do so. I know the code base relatively well,
even though I've only authored a fraction of it.

Having said that, I just want you to know that I'm not that experienced
when it comes to OS X programming. Emacs is the only OS X application I've
ever worked on. Also, I am very time limited, given that I have a full time
job (I'm a compiler developer) and that I have small children (keeping me
very occupied).

When it comes to the code base, if I should work with it more, the first
thing I would do is to enhance the trace system (the NSTRACE_xxx macros).
The next would be to set up a regression test system, both generic and OS X
specific, so that it would be easy to detect when things like `make-frame'
changes behaviour, and so that the different UI:s don't diverge more than
they already have done.

Sincerely,
    Anders Lindgren