Subject: Fwd: bug#21415: 25.0.50; Emacs Trunk -- pixelwise width/height for x-create-frame

From: Anders Lindgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 22:21:37 +0200

> If ‘ns-auto-hide-menu-bar’ non-nil also moves the title bar off screen,
> you can't position the frame at (0, 0).  Or am I missing something?

No, ns-auto-hide-menu-bar does not move the frame at all. The user is
allowed to place the frame above the top of the screen, but this does not
occur automatically. In other words, a frame can be placed at (0, 0).

To answer your earlier questions. You were speculating about adding another
variable for "the auto hide frame title feature". However, I don't think
this is a good idea since there is no such feature. Hiding the frame title
requires the user to explicitly move the frame (or use a package that does
this, like my "multicolumn" package).

    --Anders

Ps. Martin, sorry for the double post, but I realised that I had dropped
the other recipients, so I decided to resend it with a full "To:" list.

On Sun, Sep 13, 2015 at 8:01 PM, martin rudalics <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > Martin: I wanted to clarify the concept/feature referred to by Anders
> > for hiding the window title bar on OSX.  OSX does not offer this
> > feature.  What some users are doing is positioning the frame partially
> > above the display so they cannot see the window frame title.  For
> > example, instead of (0 0 1920 1080) it would be (0 -22 1920 1102).
> > The gain is about one extra line of text and less visual distraction.
>
> If ‘ns-auto-hide-menu-bar’ non-nil also moves the title bar off screen,
> you can't position the frame at (0, 0).  Or am I missing something?
>
> martin
>
>