Subject: Re: bug#21413: Top of buffer hidden when toolbar hidden and frame height is large

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2015 15:28:59 +0200

> I was not able to find the functions frame-geometry and frame-edges in
 > emacs 24.5.1. M-x appropos found some functions which appear similar
 > however. Here is the results of evaluating them in a mangled frame.

I see.  These are not very indicative though, they mostly tell what
Emacs thinks about itself.

The one thing that strikes me are the values for ‘window-pixel-edges’.
IIUC you get for a "mangled" frame (2 2 598 730) and for an "unmangled"
frame (2 2 598 702).  Correct?  If you put these frames side-by-side on
your screen, do they visibly have the same height and do they both have
no tool bar?

In any case 730 - 2 gives a presumed height of 728 pixels for the first
frame and 702 - 2 a height of 700 for the second frame.  Would you say
that a mangled frame's window is missing 28 pixels at the top?

Anyway, could you try downloading one of the latest nightly builds from
here and try with them?

http://emacsformacosx.com/builds

Maybe the bug has been even fixed there.

Thanks, martin