Subject: bug#21412: 25.0.50; substitute-command-keys suggests M-x instead of key binding

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2015 22:15:39 +0200

Paul Eggert <[email-masked]> writes:

>> (defun TeX-command-run-all (arg)
>
> Can you please give instructions to reproducing the bug, for someone
> who does not have AUCTeX installed?

Oh, sorry.  It has nothing to do with AUCTeX specifically and I should
have made that clear.  Now I looked for a recipe only with built-in
commands.

With emacs -Q, C-h f lisp-interaction-mode in *scratch* says:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
lisp-interaction-mode is an interactive compiled Lisp function in
‘elisp-mode.el’.

(lisp-interaction-mode)

Parent mode: ‘emacs-lisp-mode’.

Major mode for typing and evaluating Lisp forms.
Like Lisp mode except that M-x eval-print-last-sexp evals the Lisp expression
                           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Why M-x eval-print-last-sexp?  C-h w eval-print-last-sexp in *scratch*
says it is bound to C-j so that key should be mentioned in the help
buffer.

Bye,
Tassilo