Subject: bug#21409: closed (Re: bug#21409: 24.5; Wrong syntactic information for two line statement in an arglist)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 20:11:02 +0000

Your bug report

#21409: 24.5; Wrong syntactic information for two line statement in an arglist

which was filed against the emacs,cc-mode package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
21409: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=21409
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#21409: 24.5; Wrong syntactic information for two line statement in an arglist
From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
To: Gulshan Singh <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 20:10:02 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello again Gulshan.

On Sat, Apr 09, 2022 at 14:43:32 -0700, Gulshan Singh wrote:
> Hi Alan, thanks for the patch! I've been very busy, but I just got
> around to applying it and testing it out.

> > I've hacked up the following patch, ....

[ .... ]

> In any case, I tested it and it works great! Is this patch something
> that could be merged upstream?

Thanks once again for the testing.

I've committed the patch (together with an update to the CC Mode manual)
to both standalone CC Mode and the Emacs repository master branch.

I'm closing the bug with this post.

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).

Subject: 24.5; Wrong syntactic information for two line statement in an arglist
From: Gulshan Singh <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2015 22:50:50 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

In c-mode (and all derivatives), the following code has the wrong
syntactic information (at least, in my opinion):

foo(bar
    .baz()
    .qux());

Putting point at `.baz()` and pressing C-c C-s shows it as an
`arglist-cont-nonempty`, when I'd expect it to be a
`statement-cont`. This causes the code to have the wrong indentation, as
above I would like to have the continued statements to be indented one
c-basic-offset, not aligned to the opening brace.

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin14.5.0, NS apple-appkit-1348.17)
 of 2015-08-24 on gulshan-mbp1
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1348
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/24.5
 --enable-locallisppath=/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --infodir=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/24.5/share/info/emacs --with-xml2
 --without-dbus --without-gnutls --with-ns --disable-ns-self-contained'

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: C/l

Minor modes in effect:
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  global-syntax-subword-mode: t
  syntax-subword-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  flx-ido-mode: t
  ido-ubiquitous-mode: t
  global-diff-hl-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  whitespace-mode: t
  global-anzu-mode: t
  anzu-mode: t
  projectile-global-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  volatile-highlights-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  show-smartparens-global-mode: t
  show-smartparens-mode: t
  smartparens-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  prelude-global-mode: t
  prelude-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Recent messages:
Quit
Mark set [2 times]
Syntactic analysis: ((arglist-cont-nonempty 72 75))
Quit
use of undeclared identifier 'bar'
Mark set
Quit
byte-code: Command attempted to use minibuffer while in minibuffer
Quit

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort eieio-opt emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils mail-extr cus-edit
cus-start cus-load easy-kill misearch multi-isearch js2-imenu-extras
tramp-cmds ffap url-parse url-vars cc-langs xhp-mode derived xhp-indent
php-mode speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe flymake add-log tramp-cache
tramp-sh company-anaconda anaconda-mode f s ucs-normalize json-rpc
python-el-fgallina-expansions smartparens-python python rainbow-mode
color rainbow-delimiters elisp-slime-nav yasnippet appt diary-lib
diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs syntax-subword superword
subword prelude-xml nxml-mode-expansions html-mode-expansions sgml-mode
rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt
rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util
nxml-glyph nxml-enc xmltok prelude-web web-mode-expansions
smartparens-html web-mode disp-table prelude-shell sh-script smie
executable prelude-python prelude-js js2-mode-expansions js2-mode
js2-old-indent js-mode-expansions js json cc-mode-expansions cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs prelude-emacs-lisp prelude-lisp prelude-c prelude-programming
flycheck find-func help-mode rx subr-x which-func prelude-company
company-files company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags
company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-capf
company-cmake company-xcode company-clang company-semantic company-eclim
company-template company-css company-nxml company-bbdb company
prelude-ido smex flx-ido flx ido-ubiquitous ido-completing-read+
prelude-osx exec-path-from-shell prelude-global-keybindings
prelude-editor operate-on-number calc-bin calc-ext calc calc-loaddefs
calc-macs diff-hl smartrep vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher diff-mode
easy-mmode winner undo-tree diff esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext
esh-proc esh-arg eldoc esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-util
re-builder whitespace tabify browse-kill-ring midnight ediff-merg
ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-mult ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util ediff
dired-x dired anzu avy projectile compile ibuf-ext ibuffer bookmark pp
expand-region text-mode-expansions er-basic-expansions
expand-region-core expand-region-custom flyspell ispell tramp
tramp-compat auth-source gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache
tramp-loaddefs trampver shell pcomplete comint ansi-color format-spec
etags ring volatile-highlights hl-line windmove recentf tree-widget
wid-edit savehist saveplace diminish edmacro kmacro smartparens-config
smartparens autorevert filenotify delsel prelude-mode prelude-core imenu
epl ido pcase ov dash thingatpt prelude-ui smart-mode-line mule-util
rich-minority zenburn-theme prelude-custom prelude-packages finder-inf
eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra cconv eieio-core advice
help-fns cl-macs info easymenu package epg-config cl gv cl-loaddefs
cl-lib time-date tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process cocoa ns
multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 892477 436428)
 (symbols 48 54665 2)
 (miscs 40 1391 5733)
 (strings 32 135135 214576)
 (string-bytes 1 3737179)
 (vectors 16 155851)
 (vector-slots 8 4232856 614143)
 (floats 8 28966 6540)
 (intervals 56 3573 9245)
 (buffers 960 35))