Subject: bug#21409: 24.5; Wrong syntactic information for two line statement in an arglist

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 14:23:55 +0000

Hello, Gulshan.

Sorry I've been a bit busy the last two weeks, even if mainly on other
Emacs things.

On Sat, Apr 09, 2022 at 14:43:32 -0700, Gulshan Singh wrote:
> Hi Alan, thanks for the patch! I've been very busy, but I just got
> around to applying it and testing it out.

> > I've hacked up the following patch, which introduces the new Line-Up
> > function c-lineup-arglist-+.  To use it (temporarily) do C-c C-o RET on
> > the .baz() line, and change the setting for arglist-cont-nonempty from

> >     (c-lineup-gcc-asm-reg c-lineup-arglist)

> > to

> >     (c-lineup-gcc-asm-reg c-lineup-arglist-+ c-lineup-arglist)

> I think you meant `(c-lineup-gcc-asm-reg c-lineup-argcont-+
> c-lineup-arglist)` (or you meant to define the function name as
> `c-lineup-arglist-+` instead of `c-lineup-argcont-+`, not sure).

I think you're right, here!

> In any case, I tested it and it works great! Is this patch something
> that could be merged upstream?

Thanks!

I'm part way through more thorough testing, and I'm hoping to commit it
this weekend (after having updated the documentation).  It will most
definitely appear in the next major Emacs version, Emacs 29.1, when it
appears (in around 1 - 2 years time).

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).