Subject: bug#21409: 24.5; Wrong syntactic information for two line statement in an arglist

From: Gulshan Singh <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2015 22:50:50 -0700

In c-mode (and all derivatives), the following code has the wrong
syntactic information (at least, in my opinion):

foo(bar
    .baz()
    .qux());

Putting point at `.baz()` and pressing C-c C-s shows it as an
`arglist-cont-nonempty`, when I'd expect it to be a
`statement-cont`. This causes the code to have the wrong indentation, as
above I would like to have the continued statements to be indented one
c-basic-offset, not aligned to the opening brace.

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin14.5.0, NS apple-appkit-1348.17)
 of 2015-08-24 on gulshan-mbp1
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1348
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/24.5
 --enable-locallisppath=/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --infodir=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/24.5/share/info/emacs --with-xml2
 --without-dbus --without-gnutls --with-ns --disable-ns-self-contained'

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: C/l

Minor modes in effect:
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  global-syntax-subword-mode: t
  syntax-subword-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  flx-ido-mode: t
  ido-ubiquitous-mode: t
  global-diff-hl-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  whitespace-mode: t
  global-anzu-mode: t
  anzu-mode: t
  projectile-global-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  volatile-highlights-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  show-smartparens-global-mode: t
  show-smartparens-mode: t
  smartparens-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  prelude-global-mode: t
  prelude-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Recent messages:
Quit
Mark set [2 times]
Syntactic analysis: ((arglist-cont-nonempty 72 75))
Quit
use of undeclared identifier 'bar'
Mark set
Quit
byte-code: Command attempted to use minibuffer while in minibuffer
Quit

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort eieio-opt emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils mail-extr cus-edit
cus-start cus-load easy-kill misearch multi-isearch js2-imenu-extras
tramp-cmds ffap url-parse url-vars cc-langs xhp-mode derived xhp-indent
php-mode speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe flymake add-log tramp-cache
tramp-sh company-anaconda anaconda-mode f s ucs-normalize json-rpc
python-el-fgallina-expansions smartparens-python python rainbow-mode
color rainbow-delimiters elisp-slime-nav yasnippet appt diary-lib
diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs syntax-subword superword
subword prelude-xml nxml-mode-expansions html-mode-expansions sgml-mode
rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt
rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util
nxml-glyph nxml-enc xmltok prelude-web web-mode-expansions
smartparens-html web-mode disp-table prelude-shell sh-script smie
executable prelude-python prelude-js js2-mode-expansions js2-mode
js2-old-indent js-mode-expansions js json cc-mode-expansions cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs prelude-emacs-lisp prelude-lisp prelude-c prelude-programming
flycheck find-func help-mode rx subr-x which-func prelude-company
company-files company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags
company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-capf
company-cmake company-xcode company-clang company-semantic company-eclim
company-template company-css company-nxml company-bbdb company
prelude-ido smex flx-ido flx ido-ubiquitous ido-completing-read+
prelude-osx exec-path-from-shell prelude-global-keybindings
prelude-editor operate-on-number calc-bin calc-ext calc calc-loaddefs
calc-macs diff-hl smartrep vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher diff-mode
easy-mmode winner undo-tree diff esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext
esh-proc esh-arg eldoc esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-util
re-builder whitespace tabify browse-kill-ring midnight ediff-merg
ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-mult ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util ediff
dired-x dired anzu avy projectile compile ibuf-ext ibuffer bookmark pp
expand-region text-mode-expansions er-basic-expansions
expand-region-core expand-region-custom flyspell ispell tramp
tramp-compat auth-source gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache
tramp-loaddefs trampver shell pcomplete comint ansi-color format-spec
etags ring volatile-highlights hl-line windmove recentf tree-widget
wid-edit savehist saveplace diminish edmacro kmacro smartparens-config
smartparens autorevert filenotify delsel prelude-mode prelude-core imenu
epl ido pcase ov dash thingatpt prelude-ui smart-mode-line mule-util
rich-minority zenburn-theme prelude-custom prelude-packages finder-inf
eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra cconv eieio-core advice
help-fns cl-macs info easymenu package epg-config cl gv cl-loaddefs
cl-lib time-date tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process cocoa ns
multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 892477 436428)
 (symbols 48 54665 2)
 (miscs 40 1391 5733)
 (strings 32 135135 214576)
 (string-bytes 1 3737179)
 (vectors 16 155851)
 (vector-slots 8 4232856 614143)
 (floats 8 28966 6540)
 (intervals 56 3573 9245)
 (buffers 960 35))