Subject: Re: bug#21396: 25.0.50; read-key's prompt is not visible

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2015 21:03:44 +0300

> From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2015 19:50:23 +0200
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> > Putting me in the Cc was more trouble than
> > anything else: it means I get *your* message instead of the one from
> > Debbugs, so I don't get to know the bug-number and a naive reply would
> > end up creating a new bug-nb!
> > [ Tho, IIRC Glenn(?) added some Message-ID matching to Debbugs to try
> >   and catch those cases.  So maybe it's not that bad.  ]
> >
> > Better either not put the person in the Cc (in case you expect/know the
> > person subscribes to bug-gnu-emacs), or else use "X-Debbugs-Cc:" which
> > instructs Debbugs to add the person to the Cc of the messages it sends out.
> 
> Oh, thanks for the pointer.  Do you think it would be a good idea to
> remap `message-goto-cc' to a similar function which goes to (and thereby
> creates) the X-Debbugs-Cc header?  I think it's generally a good idea to
> notify the person who introduced some problem, and Cc-ing seems to be
> the obvious way to do that.

Please don't bother about this.  The problem Stefan was worried about
doesn't exist, AFAIK.