Subject: bug#21393: cannot compile GNU emacs git (1 sep 2015)

From: Uwe Brauer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2015 14:25:07 +0000

Hello

I on Kubuntu 10.04.
I could compile GNU emacs 25.0.50, (git version 29th august)

today I cloned the latest version of GNU emacs and obtain the following error:

ftfont.c: In function ‘ftfont_drive_otf’:
ftfont.c:2302: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
ftfont.c:2303: error: incompatible types when assigning to type ‘MFLTGlyphFT’ from type ‘MFLTGlyph’
ftfont.c:2304: error: ‘MFLTGlyphFT’ has no member named ‘code’
ftfont.c:2306: error: ‘MFLTGlyphFT’ has no member named ‘c’
ftfont.c:2307: error: ‘MFLTGlyphFT’ has no member named ‘code’
ftfont.c:2308: error: ‘MFLTGlyphFT’ has no member named ‘measured’
ftfont.c:2311: error: ‘MFLTGlyphFT’ has no member named ‘from’
ftfont.c:2312: error: ‘MFLTGlyphFT’ has no member named ‘to’
ftfont.c:2324: error: ‘MFLTGlyphFT’ has no member named ‘from’
ftfont.c:2325: error: ‘MFLTGlyphFT’ has no member named ‘to’
ftfont.c:2331: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
ftfont.c:2332: error: incompatible types when assigning to type ‘MFLTGlyphFT’ from type ‘MFLTGlyph’
ftfont.c:2333: error: ‘MFLTGlyphFT’ has no member named ‘code’
ftfont.c:2335: error: ‘MFLTGlyphFT’ has no member named ‘c’
ftfont.c:2336: error: ‘MFLTGlyphFT’ has no member named ‘code’
ftfont.c:2337: error: ‘MFLTGlyphFT’ has no member named ‘measured’
ftfont.c:2371: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
ftfont.c:2440: error: ‘MFLTGlyphFT’ has no member named ‘code’
ftfont.c:2442: error: ‘MFLTGlyphFT’ has no member named ‘code’
ftfont.c:2450: error: ‘MFLTGlyphFT’ has no member named ‘from’
ftfont.c:2451: error: ‘MFLTGlyphFT’ has no member named ‘to’
ftfont.c:2454: error: ‘MFLTGlyphFT’ has no member named ‘from’
ftfont.c:2455: error: ‘MFLTGlyphFT’ has no member named ‘from’
ftfont.c:2456: error: ‘MFLTGlyphFT’ has no member named ‘to’
ftfont.c:2457: error: ‘MFLTGlyphFT’ has no member named ‘to’
ftfont.c:2461: error: ‘MFLTGlyphFT’ has no member named ‘from’
ftfont.c:2462: error: ‘MFLTGlyphFT’ has no member named ‘to’
make[2]: *** [ftfont.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/oub/src/emacs/src'
make[1]: *** [src] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/oub/src/emacs'
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2

Uwe Brauer