Subject: Re: bug#21386: 25.0.50; Make visual rectangular selection look better

From: Mark Karpov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2015 00:42:57 +0600

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Actually, I think this is the kind of an entry-level project that
> could be a good first step for a newbie hacker of the display code.
> Would someone please volunteer for the job?  Help will be happily
> provided if needed.
>
> Come on, people!  We cannot have only one old curmudgeon on board able
> and willing to do that; what if I'm run over by a bus or something?
> What if I already have been?

I can try, I actually have good knowledge of Emacs Lisp and C, but I'm:

1. Already working on one free-software project, which I know several
   people want to use and they're waiting for its release.

2. I have less and less free time, but most importantly:

3. FSF will need to send me papers to sign. This is a real hurdle:

   a. I'm in Russia, and all this paperwork will take a month (or
   longer);

   b. I will soon move to different city and I don't even know my new
   address yet.

So, maybe I could do that but not right now :-(

Anyway, I'll consider contributing to Emacs, it's great piece of
software that I use every day, after all.