Subject: bug#21370: 24.5; eww does not work (on debian 8)

From: [email-masked] (H. Dieter Wilhelm)
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 19:19:26 +0200

I'm on debian 8 with self compiled Emacsen (emacs -Q) and just doing M-x
eww and type as keyword for example: emacs

I'm getting (also with emacs-25.0.50): 

Contacting host: duckduckgo.com:443
url-cookie-generate-header-lines: Wrong type argument: listp, \.\.\.
error in process sentinel: url-cookie-generate-header-lines: Wrong type argument: listp, \.\.\.

In GNU Emacs 24.5.2 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.5)
 of 2015-07-26 on urmel
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11604000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux 8.1 (jessie)

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  auto-insert-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Recent messages:
Quit
Saving file /home/dieter/emacs/repo/lisp/textmodes/paragraphs.el...
Wrote /home/dieter/emacs/repo/lisp/textmodes/paragraphs.el
Please type y, n, or !: y
Undo!
Mark set
Scanning for dabbrevs...done
Expansion found in 'simple.el'
Saving file /home/dieter/emacs/repo/lisp/textmodes/paragraphs.el...
Wrote /home/dieter/emacs/repo/lisp/textmodes/paragraphs.el
Quit [3 times]

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow bbdb-message flyspell emacsbug sendmail dabbrev vc vc-dispatcher
view sgml-mode repeat cus-edit cus-start cus-load ispell apropos
gnus-fun shr-color color whitespace diff-mode flow-fill mm-archive
gnus-kill sort smiley gnus-cite gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-dup qp
gnus-ml utf-7 epa-file epa derived epg gnutls gnus-topic nnrss xml
nndraft nnmh nnfolder nnimap utf7 netrc nnmbox bbdb-gnus bbdb-mua
nnagent nnml gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual
gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig nntp
gnus-cache gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source
gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win tabify
org-table two-column iso-transl eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage
dframe vc-git mail-extr misearch multi-isearch dired-aux calc-alg
calc-misc calc-bin calccomp calc-aent calc-yank calc-menu url-file
url-dired help-mode parse-time network-stream starttls url-http tls
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums url-gw url-cache url-auth
eww mm-url gnus gnus-ems nnheader mail-utils wid-edit url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util mailcap shr browse-url info mule-util term disp-table ehelp
time-stamp package epg-config edmacro kmacro ffap thingatpt url-parse
url-vars paren elec-pair icomplete hl-line dired-x ob-maxima ob-latex
ob-sh shell ob-calc calc-store calc-trail calc-ext ob-R ob-python
ox-koma-letter ox-beamer ox-rss ox-latex ox-icalendar ox-html ox-ascii
ox-publish ox calc calc-loaddefs calc-macs auth-source eieio byte-opt
bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra cconv eieio-core mm-util help-fns
mail-prsvr password-cache cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai
cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs
battery time bbdb-print bbdb-com crm mailabbrev bbdb bbdb-site timezone
bbdb-loaddefs org-element org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus
gnus-util org-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode dired cl-loaddefs
cl-lib org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m org org-macro org-footnote
org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint comint ansi-color ring ob-core ob-eval
org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu easymenu
calendar cal-loaddefs autoinsert server mb-depth time-date tooltip
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 477587 77447)
 (symbols 48 49591 0)
 (miscs 40 1126 1520)
 (strings 32 115280 13153)
 (string-bytes 1 3550817)
 (vectors 16 50244)
 (vector-slots 8 1736067 38127)
 (floats 8 1068 1438)
 (intervals 56 14818 804)
 (buffers 960 60)
 (heap 1024 136363 3918))

-- 
Best wishes
H. Dieter Wilhelm
Darmstadt, Germany