Subject: Re: bug#21369: Coreutils RHEL 6.7 runuser

From: Ondřej Vašík <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 09:53:20 +0200

Bob Proulx píše v Pá 28. 08. 2015 v 13:10 -0600:
> tag 21369 + notabug moreinfo
> thanks
> [email-masked] wrote:
> > /sbin/runuser issue on RHEL 6.7 when executing `whoami` as tomcat.
...
> For another you are reporting a problem about "Coreutils RHEL 6.7
> runuser" but runuser is not a coreutils program.  AFAIK runuser comes
> from the util-linux package.  That isn't something we over here in the
> coreutils project have anything to do with.  Plus 'ksh'.  Plus the
> entirety of the (unknown contents of) profile.  And then finally the
> 'whoami' command, which is a coreutils program.  Even if we fully
> understand what you are reporting it is unlikely we can do anything
> about it.  That is why I have initially tagged this report as
> "notabug" concerning coreutils.

Actually, in RHEL 6(.7) is still part of coreutils package - and is
based on su.c (in RHEL 7 it was moved to util-linux). In any case, I
would suggest to use either Red Hat support or filing Red Hat bugzilla
directly - as this issue has nothing to do with current upstream
coreutils.
(thanks Bob for the answers/replies)

Regards,
       Ondrej