Subject: bug#21354: "make check" failure in 0.8.3

From: Eric Hanchrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 19:54:00 +0000

I created a Vagrant virtual machine using their "ubuntu/trusty64" box (
https://atlas.hashicorp.com/ubuntu/boxes/trusty64).

I connected to it via "vagrant ssh"; that gave me a shell prompt.  I can't
remember whether that gave me a root prompt or not; if it didn't, then I'd
have typed "sudo -s".

I ran "aptitude" and installed some packages in order to build guix from
source: g++ guile-2.0-dev libbz2-dev libgcrypt11-dev libsqlite3-dev sqlite3

I unpacked the 0.8.3 source tarball into /usr/local/src.

I typed "./configure", then "make", then "make check".

I saw

============================================================================

Testsuite summary for GNU Guix 0.8.3

============================================================================

# TOTAL: 44

# PASS: 41

# SKIP: 0

# XFAIL: 0

# FAIL: 3

# XPASS: 0

# ERROR: 0

============================================================================

See ./test-suite.log

Please report to [email-masked]

So ... here I am, reporting it!