Subject: bug#21353: 25.0.50; Emacs Trunk (OSX) -- `default-directory` is initially set to "."

From: Keith David Bershatsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 09:39:25 -0700

The `default-directory` is initially set to ".", which results in erroneous entries being added to the `load-path` by `normal-top-level-add-subdirs-to-load-path` within `.../site-lisp/subdirs.el` when starting Emacs.  The erroneous entries look like this:

"." "./Applications" "./Applications (Parallels)" "./Desktop" "./Documents" "./Downloads" "./Library" "./Movies" "./Music" "./Pictures" "./Public" "./Sites" "./Users"

I built Emacs Trunk from the directory `~/Desktop`, in the event that has any relevance -- `/Users/HOME/Desktop/emacs`.

Thanks,

Keith

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin10.8.0, NS appkit-1038.36 Version 10.6.8 (Build 10K549))
 of 2015-08-22 on server.local
Repository revision: 0a3ed5f70c6025fbc2a7e3ca53f11770e4fabe61
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1038
Configured using:
 `configure --with-ns --without-imagemagick'

Configured features:
DBUS ACL LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Messages

Minor modes in effect:
  tb-mode: t
  sb-mode: t
  ml-mode: t
  sd-mode: t
  bc-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t

Recent messages:
default-directory:  .
default-directory:  /Users/HOME/.0.data/.0.emacs/emacs_08_22_2015.app/Contents/Resources/site-lisp
Wrote /Users/HOME/.0.data/.0.emacs/.lock
*beep*

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug sendmail lawlist-ztree lawlist-yas lawlist-ws
lawlist-wl elmo-imap4 elmo-localdir modb-standard modb-legacy
elmo-internal elmo-flag mmelmo-imap mmelmo-buffer elsp-generic mel-u
ps-print ps-def lpr epg-config enriched lawlist-w3m doc-view
image-mode ccl lawlist-vl lawlist-view lawlist-undo lawlist-txt
lawlist-tm lawlist-tex compare-w lawlist-tabbar lawlist-speedbar
lawlist-shell info esh-groups ehelp ange-ftp lawlist-sgml lawlist-sb
lawlist-saveplace lawlist-ruler lawlist-replace lawlist-rectangle
lawlist-re-builder lawlist-python skeleton lawlist-profiler
lawlist-print lawlist-php cl-seq lawlist-perl lawlist-parens
lawlist-org lawlist-calendar org-agenda org org-macro org-footnote
org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities org-version
ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-src
ob-keys ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs
find-func holidays hol-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
lawlist-neotree lawlist-movement lawlist-mouse lawlist-ml
lawlist-minibuffer lawlist-misc lawlist-messages lawlist-mc rect
lawlist-markdown noutline outline lawlist-lorem lawlist-ln
lawlist-keymap lawlist-js lawlist-ispell lawlist-isearch lawlist-imenu
lawlist-ibuffer lawlist-hl lawlist-grep lawlist-git ido vc-git vc
vc-dispatcher thingatpt time-stamp subr-x server nntp gnus-group
gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source tls utf7
netrc parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win nnoo mm-view
mml-smime smime dig mailcap log-view log-edit message mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util add-log
ldap json grep compile find-lisp ediff-merg ediff-wind ediff-diff
ediff-mult ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util ediff diff-mode conf-mode
autorevert filenotify lawlist-frame lawlist-frame-bufs
lawlist-font-lock lawlist-fm lawlist-env lawlist-elscreen
lawlist-elisp lawlist-dv jka-compr lawlist-image cl-macs lawlist-files
zeroconf dbus xml lawlist-ds lawlist-dired edmacro kmacro dired
format-spec lawlist-desktop frameset lawlist-debug lawlist-window
debug lawlist-css smie lawlist-compile rx lawlist-color lawlist-cm gv
lawlist-cc cc-langs cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs cc-bytecomp lawlist-calc
lawlist-calccomp lawlist-calcalg3 lawlist-calcalg2 lawlist-calc+
lawlist-bk lawlist-bc lawlist-bbdb gnus gnus-ems nnheader mail-utils
wid-edit mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev
mail-extr rfc822 timezone lawlist-auth gnus-util mm-util help-fns
mail-prsvr password-cache lawlist-as lawlist-archive lawlist-+
lawlist-lcl byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra seq cconv
lawlist-help disp-table easy-mmode quail help-mode easymenu
cl-loaddefs cl-lib pcase derived advice shell pcomplete comint
ansi-color ring savehist time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese
eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button
faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote dbusbind cocoa ns multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 2198610 241653)
 (symbols 48 87224 0)
 (miscs 40 128 238)
 (strings 32 193964 25144)
 (string-bytes 1 7182033)
 (vectors 16 39875)
 (vector-slots 8 957364 18787)
 (floats 8 2129 397)
 (intervals 56 369 40)
 (buffers 976 11))